Books and Babushkas

I love books. I especially love filling my shelves with great, inspiring creative books like this latest stack borrowed from the library. Some are new to me, and some are titles that I keep checking out, over and over again. Are you looking for some creative inspiration? Have a look at the titles in this collection. You won't be disappointed.

I had to show you my multi-national collection of babushka dolls (it started with the ones Suzie sent me from Germany). Here they are with the newest members from the Netherlands (thanks Nicolette!). My little doll family look very happy together.
Creative, inspiring books and sweet babushka dolls make me happy. Hope you're having a happy and creative day!

Comments

  1. What a lovely collection of babushkas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dolls! And certainly looks like your local library has a better selection than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Denyse Schmidt book called Quilt is my favourite!! Please share what you think about the books!

    We are spirits alike! I posted about the Russian dolls too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of my favorite books are in that stack! i love the collection of babushkas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup..i also love books...nice collections u have there..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend you can look forward to, what with all those inspiring books to browse through!

    Going to the library is sooooo much fun! Especially when you come home with such treasures.

    Cute dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The babushka dolls make a pretty and colourful display. I love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a group of cuties!! You've found a good library! Mine doesn't have nearly that good of a selection, and certainly not all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these Russian dolls, and have always wanted to make them like you have here. About 20 years ago I took a thick muslin fabric, drew out a large Babushka doll outline, and then I embroidered the most special design and embroidered it in many colors. I gave this doll I stuffed to my cousin's daughter for a gift after my uncle died, and I have always wanted to make another one. I am again inspired by your dolls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!