Child's Play Quilt top

No sooner do I take one quilt top off my design wall to be basted, I start taping  up a new one!  This will be a quilt for a child, that I'm going to donate to Quilts Recover.  I'm very excited to be able to contribute to such a wonderful cause and am already thinking about the next quilt I want to make to donate (I know, I know, I need to finish this one first, but I can't help thinking about what I will make next).  Anyways, back to the quilt top in progress... I'm happy to be using "orphan" blocks  that have been carefully tucked away after making a quilt for my youngest  son several years ago.  I will admit, the colour scheme is well... a bit bright, but I'm hopeful that there's a child out there that will love it.

 I'm puttering around a bit with the layout.  Not sure if I want to go with the frog-in-the-star blocks all in one vertical row (above)...
or maybe keep the one in the middle of the quilt and space the others with rail fence blocks (speaking of which, I notice last night's late stitching provided me with 2 blocks with their rails mixed up. Ooops.).  I think I'm leaning towards the second layout.   Should be easy to have this top ready within the day.  Okay, that will bring my quilt tops needing basting and quilting up to 3.  I'm kinda excited about that - it makes me feel productive and it also means I'm clearing some space in my stash!

If you'd like to donate to Quilts Recover you can find the details here.

Comments

  1. I'm sure I remember seeing something you made out of those bright fabrics a few years back. Geckos, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both layouts, but I like the second one just a bit >< more !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one has more movement! Good luck with the basting part, which I always postpone, sometimes even years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i prefer the second one, too! And i'm sure ANY child will love those bright colors! It will be cherished I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours! The lucky child will be so excited to sleep under that x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!