Diving into the blue...

I've started stitching those blue strips together for my first solids only quilt.  Initially, I thought I might've made a mistake and that all those solids weren't going to pull together, and that I should think about trying a different design for the quilt, but I kept going.  Boy, am I glad I did!
  Here's my first block:



All it took was one look at that block and I changed my mind.  I'm in love.

You'll soon be seeing more of these, I promise, but I better get back to my sewing to make that happen.

Wishing you a lovely Friday (it's all grey and rainy here today, but that's not bothering me one bit... all this rain should get things greening up.  Bring on Spring!).

Happy stitching!


Comments

  1. Oh yes, those blues DO look wonderful together!

    We had snow here this morning. It was so cold (0C, I think) that I had to put on my winter coat for my walk. BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Come on spring!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great block!! Looks complicated. Very effective!!! I'm behind so this weekend hope to sew Blocks 6, 7 and 8!! Doubt it will happen... but I will TRY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! I want to go make one of these blocks RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. W O W ! Can't wait to see more.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great together! Love the way the stripes are mingling...now... I really like to know how you did that? Can you please show us??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!