Baste a quilt. Bake a cake?

 
Crawling around on my hands and knees basting is not my favourite part of quilt making.  Never more so than when the quilt happens to be king-sized.  I'm lucky to have the floor space to do this, so I won't complain too loudly.
  

 

 
My first king-sized quilt top.


 
I'll just take my time with it, take some breaks... and "Yes!". I think I'll have a piece of cake. ;o)



Tomato Chocolate Cake?!?   Mmmm, it's delicious.

  Find my recipe here. 
 **once again, I have been substituting ingredients in my recipes.  This cake has coconut oil  instead of the vegan margarine and spelt flour was used instead of whole wheat flour - FYI,  the results still taste yummy. So go ahead, try it!  
P.S....The glaze is made using coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder.



My sons were curious about the occasion for baking a chocolate cake... I told them it was because I had a pint jar amount of canning tomatoes left over from earlier this week.   Should I have told them that this cake is actually a reward for basting? lol

If you haven't yet, please check the particpants for today on the Bowls with Borders Blog Hop...


August26th


Julie S. (no show)


Kim O. (no show)Martine (no show)



 

Comments

  1. Basting on your knees, oh dear, that’s an awful job and you certainly deserve some chocolate cake!

    Love the quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I used to do that too...crawling on hands and knees. But my knees and back would ache for days. So dear hubby got me 2 folding 6' tables to set up in the garage. What a huge difference! I rarely do a king size quilt though. If I did it would have to hang off the tables a bit. Anyhow your quilt looks beautiful, but I better stay away from the cake!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks gorgeous! I look forward to your finish. If I had to baste on the floor it would never happen. That cake sounds perfect for my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in your quilt. And chocolate cake is a worthy treat after all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After basting a KING sized quilt you deserve at least 1 if not 2 pieces of cake! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!