Tutorial: How to sew 8 HST units from 2 squares

Yesterday, I mentioned I have been making more HST for a baby quilt and I gave this link to the chart for making 8 HST units from two squares of fabric. Today, as I was sewing more of them, I thought I would walk you through the process with a step by step, photo tutorial. 
 


 
Here is the link to the chart giving you the breakdown for the size of squares to start with and the size of the 8 HST you will end up with. (I tried to find the original source for this chart but couldn't locate it - if you know it, please let me know and I will happily credit the source).
 
Let me show you just how easy this method of sewing multiple HSTs from 2 fabrics can be...
 










Hope you find this helpful!
What to do with 8 matching HST units?  Here's one idea....

Comments

  1. It is such a nifty method, isn't it? Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing!seems quicker.. will have a go next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that technique and will give it a try. Your stars look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much faster than doing them 1 or 2 at a time - and more accurate, I'd wager!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my favorite method~
    for the simple star, I usually make 4 flying geese, but I bet this way is quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katherine! Very good! And your Fabrics are beautiful! I haven't tried this - only with two squares so that I sew all around and then cut from corner to corner to get 4 of them. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tute! Will certainly give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!