The clutch I almost kept

This fall, I finally had the pleasure of sewing my first Noodlehead pattern by the talented Anna Graham. I decided I would make a version of her Rainbow Clutch as a gift for a friend, from her lovely book Handmade Style: 23 Must-Have Basics to Stitch, Use, and Wear.

 
It's a fun design and I was delighted that I was able to fussy cut some long hoarded Joel Dewberry fabrics (which I featured on the flap and front pocket) to make my version a extra special for the recipient. The pocket is pieced on the original design - but I think choosing a treasured fabric to make it in one piece is a great option!
 

The fabric I used for the all the exterior pieces is a decorator weight, which worked beautifully to give the clutch a crisp shape. It did make it a little more challenging in terms of bulk, due to the darts that form the curved shaped, but I made sure to stagger rather than stack the direction of them when pressing and stitching.


I wanted to play up the hot pink accents on the front pocket, so I selected a quilting cotton in the same colour for the lining of the back inset pocket and for the lining of the clutch. I love that pop of pink when you open up the zippers!


The pattern is well written, easy to follow and gives such professional results that it may not be a surprise that no sooner did I finish this one, I started cutting out a second. ;o)

Comments

  1. Always perfect, Katherine! Beautiful choice of fabrics. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful.... You must make another one....... To keep.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I would want to keep it too :)
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite lovely. You must keep one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I am the proud owner of this wonderful clutch. I love it! It's so fine and right now it's sittning in my sewingroom and I'm looking at it everyday. Thanks for giving it to me, dear Katherine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!